First stepsGreetings, Traveller!
You have entered a parallel world. Much like your own world, this one has much to offer. You are now in 16th century Europe. However, this is a Europe which has been ravaged by war and depopulated by plague. Towns have been abandoned, kingdoms have been destroyed, the great Empires that ruled the East and West are no more. The few survivors live in primitive and isolated villages. It is your job to explore the wonders of the ancient knowledge to be found in the abandoned towns and cities and to rebuild the Kingdom.
You have the opportunity to be someone. Become a General of the castle army, a Captain of the Guards, the mayor or even the King/Queen. Or if you prefer, become a normal citizen or merchant. With your perseverance and God’s will, you will succeed. That is why I have chosen you to come to this realm.
Who am I, you are asking? Let us just remember me as the memory of this place. For when you succeed, I shall be forgotten.
All the best to you, traveler!
This tutorial is designed for the players who experience their first Mediaevalia realm steps and it offers the opportunity of introducing the main rules and features of the game.
- User panel
For starters, your User Panel looks as follows:
and contains the 5 buttons shown above.
1.Mediaevalia - clicking on it, you will be able to (allows you to) see both the map of Mediaevalia nations and the details of each country.
2. Country - reveals both the native nation map, and the main statistics
3. Town - access the main town buldings and the town map: The Town Hall, The University, The Court, The Market, The Church, The Guilds/Military Orders Headquartes, The Mine, The Forest, The Fishery and so on.
4. Home - general information about your home (development level, security, hygiene, comfort, general condition and your main resources in granary, a.s.o.)
5. Character - you will find specific information about your:
- player level;
- health, satiety, travel, experience and intelligence points (expressed graphically, in the form of bars);
- current activity;
- native attack and defense power;
- family, friends, resources and other stuff;
- journal, your political group, your adventures, looking for a job.
As any new citizen you will start with 100 gold coins, 2 wheat sacks and 2 fish. When you register, you automatically receive a house in the town you applied for.
Select Mediaevalia Panel to see Mediaevalia Map
Mediaevalia Map with Countries informations
Select Nation Panel to see Status
Nation Status with inhabitants, cities, and community forum links
Select Town Panel to see town buildings/institutions
Town buildings/institutions. Select one to go there
Select Home Panel if you are in your residence town to see your Home status
Home status with informations about your home/resources
Select your Personal Panel for informations about you and other options
Informations about yourself and other options you have at that time
As in real life, both citizens and warriors must get a job or work. Job/work helps in gaining experience points to advance to a higher level, so it has an important role in any character existence. A working cycle usually lasts 8 hours and it cannot be interrupted (except for when you apply to gather resources , to study and to research). There is a very close connection between work, health and satiety points. Therefore, any player must meet the following conditions, in order to be allowed to work::
- 50 +1% ofits health points;
- 20 +1% ofits satiety points.
Thus, thereis a very strong correlation between work, health and satiety points.
Where and howone can work?
1. Players can work for other citizens. For starters, the easiest way to work is to accept a job offer from another fellow citizen. All jobs from other citizens / warriors of the city are displayed in the town hall. Take note, however, players must meet the requirements by the employer.
2.Players can produce various items in order to sell them at the market. When a player becomes a member of a guild or of a military order, he/she is able to produce and sell specific items.
3. Players can work on exploiting the resources of the town. Each town has many resources, which are managed by the mayor. If a player chooses to do this, he/she can gather resources or can work to increase the resource level.
4.Players can work on their own land.To facilitate their work, players can use different tools, depending on the work they perform. Thus, if they work as a farmer they can use the plow and reap. Shepherds will use scissors for sheep shearing, miners pickaxe and hammer and woodcutters axe and saw. Using these tools, they have 75% chance to gather an extraresource (wood, iron, sheep, wool, wheat, etc.) in addition to the wages.
You will certainly feel tired at the end of a work day, and both your health and satiety points will decrease after each kind of work. You must go to sleep in order to recover them. Sleeping is the only way players are able to regain their health points (needed for work and training) and their travelling points (needed for travelling) which have been lost during one long day. Usually, sleep lasts 8 hours. Unlike the other available activities for a player, sleep can be interrupted after the very first hour. Any player can sleep in his/her own home (if he/she is in the own residence town), or at the inn (if he/she is in another town).
There is a close connection between sleep and the player personal hygiene level. So, if the player sleeps in his/her own home and the level of personal hygiene level is 100%, the health points are 100% recovered after 8 hours of sleep. But if anyone sleeps at home and the level of personal hygiene level is 0%, only 50% of health points are recovered after 8 hours of sleep. Finally, if the player is in another town, and sleeps for 8 hours at an inn, he/she will recover the health points in a percentage of 100% , whatever personal hygiene level is.
Satiety is a parameter stating the saturation condition (lack of hunger) of any player and it is expressed in satiety points, which is very important in the game. Therefore, in order to be able to work/study /research, players must have at least 20+1% of his/her satiety points. These are automatically decreased (20%) during the night and they are restored when the player eats.
In order to recover the satiety points, there are a few choices for every player:
1. First one: fishing.Depending on the time spent there and the tools used (rod), theplayer gets a certain number of fish. To eat, players need to go to HOME ->Resources -> Eat.
2.The second option is the direct resources consumption. Only a few resources can be directly eaten: milk, fish and fruits. In order to do that, you can press HOME-RESOURCES-EAT. If the player does not own any of these resources, he/she must first go to the market and buy them.
3. The simplest way, however, is to eat meals prepared by chefs at the city inn.
4. If the player needs only a small percentage of satiety, there is one more option available: anyone can go to the town tavern and drink a mug of beer, a wine bottle, a glass of plum brandy or coffee.
In order to be allowed to travel, anyone must be dressed accordingly. Men must wear at least a shirt and trousers if they are not members of a guild or a military order and they must wear all the clothes if they are members. The same conditions are to be applied to women. Also, there is another condition: the health percentage must be at least 20% and no work in progress
There are several distinct travelling possibilities within a nation:
1. On foot. In order to travel on foot, the player must use the arrows guiding "North"/"East"/"South"/"West". Each click equals one step in that direction and each step means 1 px (1 click = 1 step = 1 px).
2. Riding a horse. Anyone can ride a horse if he/she owns one. You must use the arrows guiding "North"/"East"/"South"/"West". Choosing this option, anyone can travel faster, as each click equals three steps in that particular direction (1 click = 3 steps = 3 pixels).
3. Using the knowledge gained by buying certain cities maps. Thus, the player knows the town position on the map and can go directly there if he/she has enough travel points. Travel points are available to any player based the character level and can be recovered when he/she. The number of travel points needed to reach a certain town can be calculated as the distance between two points in the plan: the distance between the player and the town position.<
4. Using the Town carriage - another way to travel. For using the carriage, you must pay a certain amount of gold coins (calculated according to the distance to be traveled). In this case, no travel points are lost.
If you want to relocate to another town, the first thing you should do is start saving gold coins. You will need gold coins in order to buy clothes (only dressed people can travel), to buy new towns map and a new house where you have chosen to be your new residence town. To proceed, you must go to the Town Hall where you want to settle down and buy a house. Remember, anyone is allowed to own only one house and if you decide to relocate, you will lose the previous one.
Obviously, as you will grow, you will buy different properties, you will become part of a guild or a military order, you will be able to produce and sell different products, to apply for a leadership position in the town, to travel, fight robbers, create a political group and so on.
For more details, please read the HELP SECTION or ask a question on the FORUM.
See you in town. Have a nice day.
I know all about the game. Stop bugging me!